Do you like saving money? Do you like saving the planet? Today we hope you take the next step in considering your energy consumption.
What’s the plan for today?
- Take another step for polar bears by reducing your home energy consumption. From light bulbs to Energy Star appliances, our infographic shows you how.
- Join is for our Tundra Connections webcast: Bears in a Warming World
11 a.m. Central Time. Climate change isn’t only impacting polar bears; it has an affect on all bear species. Join our experts to discuss how bears worldwide are being impacted by a changing climate. Our teacher resources will help build on what your students are learning from the webcast. This webcast is hosted by Dr. Don Moore from the Smithsonian’s National Zoo. This week’s guests are Dr. Steven Amstrup; Geoff York, Dr. Andrew Derocher, Megan Owen, and Dr. Cecilia Bitz. Register.
- Listen in our live chat: Five Things You NEED to Know About Polar Bears
2:30 p.m. Central Time. Everyone loves the polar bear, but what do we really know about these arctic animals? Explore our favorite facts about the sea bear and what we think you need to know about the great white bear.
- Share our pre-made Polar Bear Week images on social media.
- Post photos of your actions on our Save Our Sea Ice Community Page.
*We encourage registration for the Tundra Connections webcasts so we can send a reminder and know who is joining us. The live chats are shorter and more casual and don’t require registration.
Check back tomorrow to see what else we have planned.