One of the biggest news items this past week was the weather. Temps at OFSDS hit the mid to upper 90s with Wednesday and Thursday being the hottest and most humid. Otherwise, construction activity settled down a little with less interruption to the dogs’ routine. Highpoints of the week included:
- Installation of the new door out of Little Dog Village. Installation of the window in LDV was delayed until Monday.
- 3 new concrete steps in LDV up to the new door as there is a significant change in elevation between the floor in LDV and the outside yard.
- Concrete pad poured for a soon-to-be-built covered pavilion in our Intake Yard.
- Our commercial washer and dryer were delivered. They are huge!!! But we will still have to wait a couple of weeks for installation to be complete and they are ready for their first loads.
To potential foster home
New dogs to OFSDS
- Bonded pair of Dixie and Daisy who are still in intake as both are very shy. The less shy Daisy spent a short time this afternoon out with the reception dogs.
Over the Rainbow Bridge
- Jughead – whose quality of life was taken away by dementia.
- Lucy is still in the medical room as her e-collar has kept her from licking her hot spot but does not keep other dogs from doing so.
-Sally and the OFSDS Gang