Move Over Monday
Jack Johnson explains how music can be a beautiful way to approach problems and deal with important issues. Music has the ability to transform anger into calm meditation, and can even develop into life philosophies, he says.
One article on psychology and music says:
“Music has been used for hundreds of years to treat illnesses and restore harmony between mind and body. But recently, scientific studies have attempted to measure the potential benefits of music. They have found:
- Music’s form and structure can bring order and security to disabled and distressed children. It encourages coordination and communication, so improves their quality of life.
- Listening to music on headphones reduces stress and anxiety in hospital patients before and after surgery.
- Music can help reduce both the sensation and distress of both chronic pain and postoperative pain.
- Listening to music can relieve depression and increase self-esteem ratings in elderly people.
- Making music can reduce burnout and improve mood among nursing students.
- Music therapy significantly reduces emotional distress and boosts quality of life among adult cancer patients”
Listen to some more music and chill out your Monday at Explore.org.